Divorce from a Japanese national

When a foreign national has divorced a Japanese national, application for change of status of residence is required.

What is your situation?

  • I have divorced a Japanese national but do not want to leave Japan.
  • I have divorced a Japanese national but would like to continue to stay in Japan for the sake of my child(ren).
  • I have divorced a Japanese national and would like to change my status of residence to a work visa.
Please leave it to us!

Our services

Application for change of status of residence

  • Consultation regarding application
  • Preparation of application form and other necessary documents
  • Translation of documents written in a foreign language
  • Filing of application at the immigration office on behalf of client
  • After application, provision of support until any permit is granted
  • Undertaking of procedures for endorsement after any permit is granted

Preparation of divorce agreements

  • Consultation regarding divorce
  • Confirmation in consultation on content of agreement
  • Preparation of divorce agreement*If notarization is required
  • Meeting with notary public and reserving time for notarization

Resident visas, work visas, etc.

We provide total support ranging from consultation, the preparation and submission of necessary documents for filing with the immigration office, and the handling of additional materials through to receipt of endorsement to ensure that our clients will be in a position to continue staying in Japan even after divorce.

Click here to receive a FREE consultation! Click here for fees


Spouse Visa Applicationに関するご依頼はこちらから

Please consult



Mari Matsumura of
Profile is here

To top of this page



松村法務事務所 松村真里

Immigration Lawyer Mari Matsumura